My “Wow” this week is about learning the concept of “digital natives” and “digital immigrants” and the metaphor of learning a language as a kid comparing with learning language as an adult. Adult can never learn new language as good as a child because without being immersed into the language as they grow up, they cannot get the essential idea of that language, same with technology learning. This really helped explaining the idea why younger generations tend to use technologies easier than older generations. I was also surprised to learn that the reason behind this is the motivation to engage. It is true because older generations tend to have much less needs to engage in technology which resulted their hardship dealing with technology nowadays.

My “Wonder” from this week is about the US Patriot Act. I learned that this act was established in October, 2001 right after the incident of 9/11. It was established as an anti-terrorist measure. It sounds reasonable, however, I still have some concerns about transborder data flow. The website mentioned that it is our responsibility to ensure the consent obtained is informed consent. Since we are dealing with different consent forms pretty regularly in our daily lives, what are the key points we need to be extra care of when reading a consent form to ensure our privacy is protected?